Campag bottom brackets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrasB

Veteran
Now I've seen on a few sites that Campag square drive bottom brackets are 'unique' thus aren't compatible with Shimano square drive cranksets. Does this mean that they're also not compatible with most single speed cranksets as well? I'm struggling to find high end square drive bottom brackets which are reliably well sealed from the elements besides Campag items.

Archie

Errrr.....
Campag aren't "unique" as such, they use the ISO standard as distinct from the JIS standard which Shimano and most other manufacturers use. Sheldon Brown as usual has more info on the subject, including the little pearl that JIS cranks can be used on ISO BB's if needed. The issues you'd need to overcome are getting a spindle and crankset combination with the right chainline and long enough bolts for a JIS crank on an ISO BB.

I have no direct experience of mixing standards so you use this info at your own risk. :smile:

OP
OP
GrasB

GrasB

Veteran
Archie, you're a star. I'd not made the ISO <> Campag link so was having problems getting the info, also straight from that page "ISO models include: ... Japanese N.J.S. track parts, such as Sugino 75", sorted :smile:

Top Bottom