Campag Compact CS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well that's another experiment gone wrong it seems ! To replace the triple chain ring on my recently built Focus Cayo I decided to buy this CS.

http://www.highonbikes.com/drivetrain/c ... black.html

Well having fitted it today I took the bike out for its maiden voyage and although some say that there is only a little difference between a compact and triple CS I just found the compact to be too much like hard work on one of the regular hills that I use. I struggled even more than I usually do so I have decided to sell the Compact Chain Set.
Its only been ridden for 20 miles but the cups and rear of left pedal are slighty marked where I have removed them.

These are literally only a week old but I realised that I will have to take a hit on what I paid, which you can see on above link, so if you want it you can have it for £95 which includes p & p

OP
OP
hondated

hondated

Guru
DELETED

gds58

Über Member
Its only been ridden for 20 miles but the cups and rear of left pedal are slighty marked where I have removed them.

Jesus mate what the heck did you use to remove them, a crowbar!! You clearly haven't used the correct tools as if you had there wouldn't be any marks at all on them. You have basically made these worth next to nothing by ruining them in this way.

Good luck with selling them but I think you seriously need to adjust your asking price to a fraction of your original.

OP
OP
hondated

hondated

Guru
gds58 yer they do look bad but to be honest they are not too bad and since the photos were posted I have cleaned the items up.

The damge was done because Campag have yet to come up with a pedal crank remover for their torque outside bearings. And with regard to cost given the chain set cost £126 £80 is not to me unreasonable.

If I had not listened to all the old twaddle spoken by others that said a compact cs is as good as a triple I would not of wasted my money.

So to all you considering do the same give it a lot of thought before you do.

Looks like if I want to save wasting my money I need to get out on the bike a bit more to get fit enough to be able to use it otherwise its another thing for my parts box.

Top Bottom