Campag/Shimano compatability

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Here's another Campy/Shimano thread...

I have a new bike with 2015 Shimano 105 11 speed Groupset.
I also have a Campag-equipped Orbea Onix (see for sale page :-) )

If I can't sell the Orbea, can I fit an 11 spd cassette to it's Campag Vento rear wheel, and use it with my 11 speed 105 set up?

Thanks for any advice :-)

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Spline pattern is different on the 2 systems, so you can't fit a Shimano cassette. The Campag cassette will be incompatible with the shifting / spacing on the Shimano shifters. That's the theory anyway. Try it and see... I would expect to be dissapointed though. You can Google 'Shimergo' for compatibility tables and so on...

Thanks SD, I knew the splines are different, but I've been told that the spacing on Campag 11 spd and Shimano 11 spd cassettes is now basically the same... had hoped it would be a simple matter of changing the 10spd cassette for a Campag 11 spd, and bunging the wheel on.... I've scuffed the rim on the new bike (DT Swiss wheels) and have basically got an unused pair of lovely Campag wheels on the Orbea, sitting unused in the garage.... :-(

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
You live and learn :smile: Sounds like good news!

Whoah there cowboy!!

Mixing Campagnolo and Shi**no is shameful, probably blasphemous if you're a Catholic and might very well cause a rift to open in the time/ space continuum into which we will all be sacked. Please don't do it.

Top Bottom