Campag UT Compact chainrings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1985

Über Member
I'm annoyed - I got a 36t chainring today for my Campag UT CT chainset to find that in fact it doesn't fit. I now realise that these chainsets utilise an offset 110 bcd, so the new FSA inner chainring is redundant.

I'm putting it in the classifieds section.

Mortiroloboy

Should've purchased a Campag part.;) or checked the BCD first;) Not a lot of help I know, and I don't need/want your FSA chainring either!

OP
OP
Will1985

Will1985

Über Member
The BCD is basically correct Mortirolo Boy....just one hole is offset which I have never heard of before.

Looks like TA are the way to go...just more expensive ;)

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I had that problem the other way round, being supplied with an Ultra Torque 36t inner for my square taper. The LBS soon got me a replacement, however. I used a TA ring, you need the Nerius for UT and Zephyr for square taper.

Mortiroloboy

Will1985 said:
The BCD is basically correct Mortirolo Boy....just one hole is offset which I have never heard of before.

Looks like TA are the way to go...just more expensive :wacko:

Hmm, bad manufacturing? Hope you get it resolved soon.:biggrin:

Rob S

Isn't it just the rings for the compact carbon cranks that are off set rather than the alloy UT and square taper compacts?

OP
OP
Will1985

Will1985

Über Member
It appears not - the entire range of compact UT cranks where the 5th arm is behind the crank have this feature.

Not sure what happens with the normal 135bcd chainrings...

OP
OP
Will1985

Will1985

Über Member
34t is a bit pointless for the flatlands of Norfolk, plus you get gear duplication, whereas you don't with 36t.

With 12-23 on the back, it is virtually the same as a 39/53 with 12-25...just a little less at the top end, but more useable.

Top Bottom