Campagnolo Chorus Headset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Timm92

Hello all,

I have just acquired a box of mixed parts and components. One of standout items was a new and unused Campagnolo Chorus Headset still in the box. It is of no use to me so I was planning on selling it however I
have minimal knowledge of its value (I simply know it will be worth 'something') so can anyone offer any insight?
Thanks

Attachments

• PXL_20220731_214946205.jpg
    PXL_20220731_214946205.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 4
  • PXL_20220731_214944181.jpg
    PXL_20220731_214944181.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 4

vickster

Legendary Member
How much do they cost new? £50-80?
https://www.bricklanebikes.co.uk/headsets-2

Have any sold on eBay? Those are two start points
An eBay auction will show what people are prepared to pay at that point in time ultimately

Last edited:

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
It's definitely very saleable but check it's not Italian-threaded. These are almost the same as ISO but may not thread on an ISO fork perfectly smoothly, and the crown race might be a loose fit depending on tolerances.

OP
OP
T

Timm92

It's definitely very saleable but check it's not Italian-threaded. These are almost the same as ISO but may not thread on an ISO fork perfectly smoothly, and the crown race might be a loose fit depending on tolerances.

Thanks, how would I check if it's Italian threaded or not?

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Thanks, how would I check if it's Italian threaded or not?
See if the box has "ISO" or "BSC", or even "English" anywhere on it, and it'll be ISO! The ID of an Italian crown race is 26.5mm, not 26.4mm, but you won't be able to measure that.

It is extremely likely to be ISO as the box looks fairly modern, and I think Italian threading died out in the 1980s.

UPDATED:

According to this, the actual parts are marked: https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-...estion-idying-italian-v-british-standard.html

The bad news is that Campag made Italian threaded stuff into the 90s!

Last edited:
Top Bottom