campagnolo q/r is a beep

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyhunter

Due to investing in new campagnolo bora ultra 2s and then putting the wheels on the bike the night but seriously how do you get them to close :S baffles me and i studied the crap instructions, so awkward i had to resort to mavic q/r. any help would be great as i would like to use them on the bike instead of a new kitchen appliance lol

Pull the brake lever and shift the pin back.

OP
OP
andyhunter

andyhunter

instructions says pull the lever back then tighten as normal then close and if doesnt not close turn 1/8 back and then reclose, yet you do all this and the same problems it doesnt close because its stupidly designed :S unlike the mavic you tighen and close no bother :S just dont understand how to close the damm thing when it will not close

Will1985

Über Member
Then we need photos! :welcome:

ASC1951

Guru
andyhunter said:
seriously how do you get them to close :S baffles me and i studied the crap instructions....
Insert QR into axle, with lever at one end, spindle at the other and a conical spring at each end with the narrow end pointing inwards. Place wheel in dropouts. Place body part on bike to keep wheel/bike interface steady. Hold QR spindle nut in one hand and lever (open) in the other. Close lever. If lever cannot be closed, loosen nut with fingers 1/4 turn and repeat until it can only be closed with firm pressure. If lever closes easily, tighten nut with fingers 1/4 turn and repeat until it can only be closed with firm pressure.

Firm pressure = needing the flat of the hand to close it and several fingers to open it. Some people do them up so tight that you need both hands to get them open, but that is mechanically unnecessary.

A child of 60 can do this.

Top Bottom