Campagnolo Shifters - how do I know if the left hand works with a triple?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KneesUp

Guru
I have some old Veloce shifters lying about but the right hand one doesn't work - it's currently in bits on my desk and I'm going to see if I can resurrect it, but I tried a while ago and had no luck - I bought replacements for all the springs then, but looking at it now I think I've fitted one incorrectly. But doing it correctly is really fiddly - so I've been browsing new ones instead - because that's easier than fixing them - and have seen these at Veloce 10 speeds at Condor which look just like the ones I have but are not that spendy and won't be worn at all / fixed by someone who is partly guessing what to do.

The ones I have do the ratchet thing on the LH lever so work with a double or a triple. However, Campy gets very confusing for me very quickly, with all their names for things and changing ways of doing stuff.

Does anyone know if these will work with a triple front, please?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I should email them and ask.

Edit: Why not just buy the right? Plenty on eBay I'm sure.
There's a LH Veloce on there which states 2&3 speed.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'd get it working first, insert gear inner and test if it works - pull cable tight - you should have two clicks if a triple when shifting 'down', and probably need two 'swipes' of the main leaver to shift up. If you get one, it's a double.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Campagnolo left shifters have lots of clicks! :okay:

I had no problem using my LH 10-speed Chorus shifter with a triple chainset when I converted my CAAD5. I was also able to get the front mech to work by filing down a little tab which was limiting the movement too much.

OP
OP
KneesUp

KneesUp

Guru
Thanks all - Condor have replied confirming they will work a triple, depending on what front shifter is used. I am tempted by new because the ones I have are second hand and one has already failed.

The bike on the trainer has downtube shifters at the moment and the left hand brake lever is dodgy anyway, so I think I'll put the LH one I have on that and see how it goes with my front mech (and old 105 triple - probably won't work well, but we shall see) and I'll have one last effort at fixing the RH and try that on the turbo too. But all of that relies on me being able to swap out the bottom bracket so I can get one with a longer axle to actually work with the triple ...

Top Bottom