campagnolo wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

teds1969

i own a trek 1500slr that has a rear shimano 105 derailer. I really like the look of the camapnolo wheels and would like to know if there is any problems using these. Is it correct that these wheels only accept a campagnolo cassette? Other than that there should be no problems, am i correct?

If you have Shimano shifters then you can get a Campag wheel with a Shimano freehub to take a Shimano cassette.

Don't know if you can bodge a 10spd by getting a Campag cassette and use Shimano spacers - someone on here will pop along and tell you.

i own a trek 1500slr that has a rear shimano 105 derailer. I really like the look of the camapnolo wheels and would like to know if there is any problems using these. Is it correct that these wheels only accept a campagnolo cassette? Other than that there should be no problems, am i correct?
As well as the wheel only accepting a campy cassette. The campy spacing is different from shimano too so your existing sti's would be incompatible, they would pull the wrong amount of cable..

Will1985

Über Member
If you have Shimano shifters then you can get a Campag wheel with a Shimano freehub to take a Shimano cassette.
This is the only text you need to pay attention to in the replies. If you want a Campagnolo wheel*, buy one with a Shimano freehub. Granted, they seem to be rarer off the shelf these days but it is possible to get conversion freehubs for the price of a cassette.

I also have the alternative option for when I lend out my disc or powertap which is a Marchisio conversion cassette....bleeding expensive!

*Zonda and above (ie: not Khamsin, Vento, or Scirocco)

OP
OP
T

teds1969

This is the only text you need to pay attention to in the replies. If you want a Campagnolo wheel*, buy one with a Shimano freehub. Granted, they seem to be rarer off the shelf these days but it is possible to get conversion freehubs for the price of a cassette.

I also have the alternative option for when I lend out my disc or powertap which is a Marchisio conversion cassette....bleeding expensive!

*Zonda and above (ie: not Khamsin, Vento, or Scirocco)

it was the khamsin or vento i was looking at

You want the Fulcrum Racing 5 then - they are in effect Campag wheels under a different name and accomodate Shimano.

Circa £170 but you could find them a bit cheaper courtesy of Mr Google.

Personally I'd save up for the Zonda or Fulcrum 3's though.

Will1985

Über Member
Personally I'd save up for the Zonda or Fulcrum 3's though.
+1

The main reason to update wheels is to get something significantly lighter. My 06 Ventos on the winter bike are only about 50g lighter than the stock Ambrosios I got with my Bianchi....and the weight was saved at the hub which makes no real difference!

Top Bottom