Campgnolo wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wakou

Über Member
Hi guys, I have a pair of Campag Vento Reaction G3 wheels. I am 100% new to road bike kit, and cannot for the life of me work out how to access/service/replace the bearings:

DSCF0209.jpg

DSCF0210.jpg

Does anyone here have any experience of these wheels?
Are they any good?

Is there any way to attach a shimano cassette/freehub to them?

Campy are usually (but not always) pretty good at making the tec docs available - see here

You usually have to work out what year your wheels are ( as they change the hubs designs frequently) and then look at the wheels pdf for that year.

The hubs are usually taken apart by inserting two hex keys in either end and turning anti clockwise as normal. They are usually done up so tight that you may need a bit of metal tubing over the hex key to get a bit more leverage.

Shimano freehubs for Vento wheels do exist but I don't know where you would find one.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
I'm *pretty* sure this is what you need http://www.wiggle.co...racing-5-and-7/

Good qualification - it is important to check for sure - not all Fulcrum freehubs are useable on all Campag wheels.

In any case if the freehub costs £40, and since there might also be some concern regarding the wheel's bearings, the OP might be better off getting a new rear wheel with Shimano freehub, given a new set of Vento costs only about £100 currently.

Top Bottom