Can anyone help me ID this bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
shadaboot27

shadaboot27

It's the rear hub, chain wheel and frame that make me think it is.

Ern1e

Über Member
It looks quite simular to the one my brother in law had,but whilst the Rudge badge surely looks original I am not sure about the looks of the rivets holding it on,I also freely admit to be no expert on these bicycles but at the £70 bid it may well be worth a chance on it.

OP
OP
shadaboot27

shadaboot27

Yes, but it would need a lot of work and money to get it looking how it did originally, it would need repainting but I cant find the correct decals for it anywhere. I think £70 is too much to pay for the condition that it is in at the moment.

Ern1e

Über Member
Yes, but it would need a lot of work and money to get it looking how it did originally, it would need repainting but I cant find the correct decals for it anywhere. I think £70 is too much to pay for the condition that it is in at the moment.
You may well be quite right I had not really looked at it with restoration in mind ! when the in law sold his which was in a better condition than the one on the bay the guy whohad been pestering him for years to own it paid him £200 which I thought was not quite enough for it seeing that he was only it's third owner from new in the same family it being firstbought by his uncle mid fiftys !!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I would go for it it's your size. Bikes like these an only increase in value. It would need a lot spending on it but only you know if it's worth it. Looks in reasonable condition. Can't imagine anyone would take the trouble to stick a badge on it, must be genuine. Should be easy enough to reproduce the decals from an image of the original from somewhere.

Last edited:
OP
OP
shadaboot27

shadaboot27

I think any Rudge Path Finder in good condition would be worth at least £200, as it is the Rudge equivalent of a Raleigh Lenton. But this particular one is in very unoriginal condition, I would be happy to pay about £30 for it, then spend quite a lot more on restoring it. If I can find the correct decals for this bike I will try and make the seller an offer. I would very much like a pathfinder for my collection.

OP
OP
shadaboot27

shadaboot27

Perhaps there is a way to remove the top layer of paint and the original paint underneath might not be too bad.

Top Bottom