Can anyone ID this 70s/80s Chopper-style bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Twilkes

Guru
If you can get past the knee length socks, you'll notice that it's not a Chopper, and the brand was covered up by a big 'Police' sticker. It had solid rubber wheels, a solid ass-breaker saddle that could be raised and lowered in the rails at the back, a pedal-back brake which was awesome for skidding and a front brake that worked excellently in conjunction with the geometry to throw me over the handlebars on a couple of occasions.

Anyone recognise it?

bike.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Is it a Tomahawk? Looks like one.

OP
OP
Twilkes

Twilkes

Guru
Yep looks like a Budgie, and if that's what was written on the frame then it explains why I covered it up with a Police sticker! I've only found images of them with pneumatic tyres so not sure what I did to deserve the Soviet-issue solid ones, between that and the socks it makes me think I must have done something awful to my parents when I was little!

It even had the stabilisers (from the catalogue image above) when I first got it although it might have been second hand even then, would have been around 1981 I think.

ritmo

If you can get past the knee length socks, you'll notice that it's not a Chopper, and the brand was covered up by a big 'Police' sticker. It had solid rubber wheels, a solid ass-breaker saddle that could be raised and lowered in the rails at the back, a pedal-back brake which was awesome for skidding and a front brake that worked excellently in conjunction with the geometry to throw me over the handlebars on a couple of occasions.

Anyone recognise it?

View attachment 696262
Raleigh chipper.
Some versions had a top bar some didn't. Think this is the earlier one.
Early 70's
1970's

Top Bottom