Can someone explain to me ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
... what 'hidden message' is being conveyed in the 'tags' in certain threads? Particularly some of those in P&L? :smile:

I sniff 'conspiracy' here! Are forummers speaking in tongues to one another? :smile::biggrin::biggrin:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I wondered what they were for too. They could be fun though! :smile:

Shaun

Founder
Tags are public tags for people to add key words to.

They become part of the tag-cloud, which is searchable from the Tag Search drop-down in the nav-bar.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Admin said:
Tags are public tags for people to add key words to.

They become part of the tag-cloud, which is searchable from the Tag Search drop-down in the nav-bar.

Cheers,
Shaun :smile:

Well that clears that up then...

(anyone know wtf he's on about :biggrin:)

Shaun

Founder
He he ... okay, let's have another go ...

The normal search only uses the words people post, and can't really second-guess what you're searching for or find similar things.

For example, in a thread about trikes if no one posts the phrase "three-wheeler" then the regular search system won't find it. However, if someone 'tags' the thread with the "three-wheeler" phrase then you'll be able to find a thread about trike by searching the tag cloud for "three-wheeler". Does that make any sense?

The idea is to produce a more "human" result from people posting their own tags. Unfortunately it is not widely used and I've yet to see it work really well on any of the other vB forums I've visited in the past.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP

661-Pete

I see. This explains a lot. Always welcome, any features which help to make the forum more useful, are they not :biggrin:? As I said, this explains a lot. The blizzard of 'tags' which have sprouted up on the P&L forum - I'm glad that the P&L crowd have our mental well-being very much in the forefront, and are making superhuman efforts to make that part of CC more useful and referential as a fount and repository of knowledge.

Thank you, thank you, all, for clearing up that matter. I am very much indebted to you all...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:!!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Admin said:
He he ... okay, let's have another go ...

The normal search only uses the words people post, and can't really second-guess what you're searching for or find similar things.

For example, in a thread about trikes if no one posts the phrase "three-wheeler" then the regular search system won't find it. However, if someone 'tags' the thread with the "three-wheeler" phrase then you'll be able to find a thread about trike by searching the tag cloud for "three-wheeler". Does that make any sense?

Cheers,
Shaun ;)

Good try, but I'd give-up now and try demeaning humour...
err... why should somebody 'tag the thread' with "three-wheeler", also who would/should/could tag the thread... Me no getty.
It's all passing me by this stuff...;)

Wait! Eureka, I've got it...

Somebody could tag this thread... "Thick-twat".

longers

Legendary Member
I'm assuming that the mods and the boss can track who puts them on in case of any rude or nasty tags?

Shaun

Founder
Yup ... ;)

Top Bottom