Cancellara to miss Worlds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
Cancellara will not be taking part in the World Championship TT, stating 'I lack the force'. Story here.

Leaves the door wide open for ????

Could Team GB do it???

Keith Oates

Janner
Millar sees it as being an opportunity for him to get the title, I for one would be pleased if he does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HLaB said:
I'd be delighted if he could but has Millar actually won anything since he became drug free ?
A TT stage in the Vuelta (last year?) and a team TT stage in the Giro this year. Narrowly missed out on a stage win in this years Giro when his chain snapped just before the sprint.
Anything else?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Chuffy said:
A TT stage in the Vuelta (last year?) and a team TT stage in the Giro this year. Narrowly missed out on a stage win in this years Giro when his chain snapped just before the sprint.
Anything else?

2006 at the Vuelta and a TTT in this years Giro.

yello

Yes, but apart from that, what has David Millar ever.... :ohmy:

I'd like to see Fabian Canellera in the Miss Worlds... I'm sure he can save starving Ethopians with the best of bimbos!

yello said:
I'd like to see Fabian Canellera in the Miss Worlds... I'm sure he can save starving Ethopians with the best of bimbos!

That's how I read it at first! :biggrin:

I don't get it!

Lance Armstrong was world champion, won plenty, including 7 consecutive TdeF and never failed a doping test.
David Millar didn't win much (stage wins in TdeF and Vuelta - admittedly no mean feat), doped/cheated and owned up eventually.
He came back and everyone seems to have forgotten he was a cheat!
Is it partisanship/patriotism or what? :biggrin:

yello

I don't think it's a matter of forgetting his past but of acknowledging his clean achievements since then.

Top Bottom