Cannondale quick disc 3 v Trek FX3 v Specialized Sirrus Sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

traveladdict

Trying to decide between:

Cannondale quick disc 3
Trex FX3
Specialized Sirrus

Any advice from people with any of the above welcome! Budget of 600 and have seen the above for around that price. Needed for 100 mile ride and general all purpose leisure cycling - Richmond Park, towpath etc.

Testing the Cannondale tomorrow but hard to find a store that stocks all 3.....

Mod Note:
@traveladdict :welcome: I have changed the FX2 to FX3 for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

vickster

Legendary Member
Trying to decide between:

Cannondale quick disc 3
Trex FX3
Specialized Sirrus

Any advice from people with any of the above welcome! Budget of 600 and have seen the above for around that price. Needed for 100 mile ride and general all purpose leisure cycling - Richmond Park, towpath etc.

Testing the Cannondale tomorrow but hard to find a store that stocks all 3.....

Mod Note:
@traveladdict :welcome: I have changed the FX2 to FX3 for you.
Evans in Wimbledon should be able to get them in for you? (A better store than Kingston in my opinion)

The lovely Pearsons in Sutton might have the Trek and Specialized (I think they only have roadbikes in Sheen but worth checking if you're that way)

Any of those bikes will be fine for the park and towpaths, I'd choose a drop bar roadbike for regular 100 mile rides though (check out Decathlon for good bang for buck, they do flat bar bikes too)

Last edited:

tom73

Guru
Only have working knowledge of an FX3. Nice all round bike will be all you want it do. Tend to get good service from trek too.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Any of them will be fine. They are all made by well known companies to a price point. Sirrus is always a popular option, but when I was buying a few years ago it was under spec’d
I went for an FX3, it is very comfortable, ive fitted bar ends to give extra hand positions.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I tested a Cannondale as against a Whyte. Very similar geometry. IMHO I found the Whyte a smoother ride and went with that. Not a lot in it but to me it felt better.
Just taken it out on its maiden ride......just 10 miles between showers and in strong wind but it rode very well and I believe I made the right choice.
Hope this helps not confuses the issue.

Top Bottom