Cannondale R500 Road Bike in size 56cm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gds58

Über Member
My Cannondale R500 is for sale but I need to make you all aware that it won't be available until about the middle week of March. It's a long story but that's when I'll be collecting my new bike so I would like to keep this one until then, but it may give somebody the chance to plan ahead a little if it suits.

The Bike: It's a Cannondale R500 CAAD5 frame which is the last of the 'proper' Cannondale frames which were made in the USA. Main frame is aluminium but it has the Cannondale Slice Ultra Carbon forks and the classic 'hour glass' rear stays which together make for a very comfortable ride. Size is 56cm (Centre to Centre) and top tube is 55.5cm (C to C). It is fitted with 10 speed Shimano 105 mech's in black but I am using 9 speed levers with it (also black) chainset is FSA Vero with 175mm cranks length and running on a 'Token' bottom bracket with carbon sleeve and titanium axle. Brakes are very nice Tektro with the cut away section and red anodised fittings and pedals are brand new Look Keo's in red to match the bike. Seat pin is standard 27.2 and is a super lightweight Cannondale 'Fire' whilst the stem is also a Cannondale C3 on FSA Wing Pro compact 'bars. The wheels are 'A-Class A220's which are 20 spoke front and 24 spoke rear aero rims with black spokes, Shimano hub suitable for 8, 9 or 10 speed cassette. Cassette fitted is a Shimano 105 (12-23). Tyres are the superb Schwalbe Ultremo R1's in red. The only thing not to be as per the pictures will be the saddle which I am keeping but I will offer a choice of either a Selle Italia (white) or a Specialized Riva (black) to the buyer. The mini pump and computer in the images will not be sold with the bike either.

This is a superb bike which is lightweight at only 8.3kg, it is very stiff and climbs beautifully as all Cannondales do. It is in truly outstanding condition as I am ridiculously fussy about the maintenance of my bikes (ask my wife, it's the source of many an argument!!) and it will be like a new bike for the buyer. There are no marks, scratches or damage of any kind on this bike, tyres obviously have some signs of wear but that's about it!

I am looking for £600 for this but I may be willing to consider sensible offers. If you think that you might like to buy this bike and are prepared to wait a few weeks please PM me and I'll email my telephone number so that we can discuss it further.

Pictures can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/70163551@N ... 055925545/

Many thanks for taking the time to look. Graham
R500 1.jpg R500 Brakes.jpg R500 Handlebars.jpg R500 Pedals.jpg R500 Headset.jpg

OP
OP
gds58

gds58

Über Member
I forgot to mention earlier that the chainset as fitted has 50/39 'rings but the 50 can be substituted for a 52 or 53 if preferred and I may have a 42 inner ring as well.
Also I want to make it clear that if somebody was interested in this bike I would in no way expect any payment until the bike was collected n March, I would just ask that we had an honest agreement to purchase.
Many thanks, I hope this helps.

Mike!

Guru
That is gorgeous!! Probably about the time i'll be looking to buy but alas, slightly too big. Good luck with it, I'm sure someone will snap it up!

OP
OP
gds58

gds58

Über Member
Mike, you are more than welcome to come and try it for size as I'm only a few miles along the A12 at Wivenhoe near Colchester unless of course you are sure that it's too big. Just for reference, my saddle height is 755mm from top of saddle to centre of BB measured straight along the seat tube.
Let me know if interested. Graham

Mike!

Guru
I'm pretty sure it will be, i'm 5'8"ish with 30inch inside leg. Will compare the saddle height with my sirrus I use for commuting (which is a medium) and let you know.

OP
OP
gds58

gds58

Über Member
Mike, sadly I think you are right. I'm 6' with a 32" inside leg so I'm guessing that your saddle height will be about 50mm lower which is a shame since you are so close to me. Many thanks for the interest though and I'll keep you in mind if I see anything that might be your size!!
Graham

Top Bottom