Cannondale Synapse Disc Ultegra ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On sale 1700 quid from 2499. Are they a good buy ?
2016 model carbon bike 54 frame or 58. I'm usually a 56 but should suit one of them.
Other option is Whytes new Gisburn similar price but a gravel bike

Thanks in advance for comments

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Cannondale all day long over the Gisburn - the latter weighs in just short of 10kg - Cannondale 8.4kg easily get that under 8kg should you want to. Takes 28mm tyres easily get that on to trails and gravel

I have a Supersix and that's smooth. My Only reservation would not having the right size. Making stuff fit seldom works out. Pauls have a 54cm @ £1999

OP
OP
rideswithmoobs
Cannondale all day long over the Gisburn - the latter weighs in just short of 10kg - Cannondale 8.4kg easily get that under 8kg should you want to. Takes 28mm tyres easily get that on to trails and gravel

I have a Supersix and that's smooth. My Only reservation would not having the right size. Making stuff fit seldom works out. Pauls have a 54cm @ £1999

I tried a 54 dura ace a few months ago and it was a good size for me.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
My previous Scott road bike was a 56 when I bought the Synapse 105 disc I needed a 54 .
definitely nopoint getting a bike that doesn't quite fit just because its a good buy but suspect the 54 would be the first one I would try for size.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
If you want it go for it they wont last long at that price.

OP
OP
rideswithmoobs
Well I went and I looked and I fell for the Whyte 901 MTB instead and after much deliberation over past 3/4 months I have decided to go the MTB route and explore the beautiful Lake district off road. Really looking forward to getting out and wet/muddy/cold this winter^_^^_^
Just part ex'd the car for a VW T5 Transporter so will need to hang on till pay day for the Whyte but the T5 will be fantastic for the bikes and camping overnight. Be good when little lads a bit older and can cycle together in Grizedale forest trails together, picnic in the van afterwards:okay::okay:
So the Synapse was not for me, nor the cyclocross bikes I debated over or the Condors etc. etc. etc. Hope I made a good decision and thank you for all those who over the months replied and gave advice on choices of bike and styles:okay:

Top Bottom