Can't even clip in let alone have a clipless moment.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RiflemanSmith

I bought a pair of Shimano PD-T780 XT MBT pedals.
I also ordered a pair of Sidi Spiders MTB shoes which came today, nice and comfy.
Just got home from work and thought that I would try them on and set up the cleats.
I try to clip in and nothing?
I hook the nose part in at the front, apply as much pressure as I can and they wont clip in?
I have installed the cleats the right way round and I have slackened off the tension on the pedal to lowest.
I can't even move the back part by hand.
Is there some thing stopping the back part going backwards that you have to remove before you can use them?

Jon2

I find it easiest to clip in with the pedal at the lowest position so i can apply pressure easily. I'm not sure I could move the part by hand either on mine. I can't tell from your post, have you tried clipping in while wearing the shoe or just with your hands?

alicat

Legendary Member
There isn't normally anything you need to remove but if you do it will be something obvious like a big piece of brightly-coloured plastic. It does take some force to clip in so it's hard to do it without wearing the shoes. Try leaning against a wall or even just having a go in a field.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Aha! You just jogged my memory: I needed to tighten my SPD pedals to maximum tension ^_^ - all done, now. That's something you may find yourself doing, once you get used to them. At least, it works better for me, because more tension on the pedals means less foot movement, which makes my Achilles tendons very happy! Of course, you need to start with very little tension, until you get used to them.

Top Bottom