Cant find a 11-32 Shimano cassette for road bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kbrook

Veteran
Bought my bike new Felt z5. It is fitted as standard with a 10 speed 11-32 cassette which is Shimano. I would like to replace it like for like but can't find one for a road bike. Seen one for a MTB but that seems to look different to mine it looks 2 coloured, didnt think Felt would have fitted a MTB as standard. So any idea how to find a direct replacement, I have googled it to death so not being lazy.

MikeG

Guru
Sorry, but I'm not following.

It seems like you just bought a new bike, and you want to replace its (new) cassette with another new one, exactly the same? Where did I go wrong.

OP
OP
K

Kbrook

Veteran
Mike g... I bought it new it now has 3000 miles on it and my gears are playing up so want to change cassette and chain

OP
OP
K

Kbrook

Veteran
Vickster... No thats a 12-30. Cant see where Felt have managed to get this cassette from if it doesn't exist!

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Are you sure it is a Shimano cassette? (- and not a 'MTB' cassette?) SRAM do a 11-32 cassette.

OP
OP
K

Kbrook

Veteran
Definately Shimano says on the locknut, screen man dont really need the 32 just don't like mysteries !

vickster

Legendary Member
My bad, too early

3000 miles, not a new bike then? For me, 3000 miles is new bike time not new cassette :laugh:

What model is it? Maybe shimano no longer make it, or it was an MTB cassette as above

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
My boardman came with a sram 10 speed 11-32 cassette, swicthed to an 11-28 which i reckon is still a bit easy but i like the extra range in case i hit a mahoosive hill at the end of a ride .

Cubist

Still wavin'
Bought my bike new Felt z5. It is fitted as standard with a 10 speed 11-32 cassette which is Shimano. I would like to replace it like for like but can't find one for a road bike. Seen one for a MTB but that seems to look different to mine it looks 2 coloured, didnt think Felt would have fitted a MTB as standard. So any idea how to find a direct replacement, I have googled it to death so not being lazy.
My Cube Peloton Race came with an 11-32t cassette. It's an HG61 or Deore cassette. The two coloured one you have seen is the next grade up in the MTB world, the HG 81 or SLX. If you want to save a few grammes then look out for Deore XT, another grade up and supposedly the equivalent of 105.

Otherwise, SRAM cassettes can be competitive. I like their 9 speed ones sou guess 10 speed will be just as good.

Planet X have some bargains in, as does the Woollyhatshop if you're shopping around.

OP
OP
K

Kbrook

Veteran
I've solved the mystery just looked again and it says cs hg81 10 which is a MTB cassette, I am going to replace it with the Tiagra 12-30 which should give me less gaps between gears. Thanks everyone

Top Bottom