Can't get my rear wheel on.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CyclingStone

New frame and nothing but problems so far. I had problem getting my brakecalipers on because it had some paint in the holes. Could it be that there is paint on this too?
There is a clear bump sticking out and I would guess it could be it. Take the paint away?

Attachments

• IMG_20210531_014707.jpg
    IMG_20210531_014707.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 16

Ajax Bay

Guru
Tell us more about the frame and fork, and perhaps a picture?
Was it good value?
What wheels are you trying to use (make/model)? What is the hub's OLD?

OP
OP
C

CyclingStone

Tell us more about the frame and fork, and perhaps a picture?
Was it good value?
What wheels are you trying to use (make/model)? What is the hub's OLD?
Hi and thanks for your attention.

Cheap chinacrap. Trifox.
Good value? I can't use the bike, 0/10 I would say.
Fulcrum 5 and Wiggle's Prime both with quickreleases.

10*130 rear 10*100 front.

Attachments

• IMG_20210531_014707.jpg
    IMG_20210531_014707.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 8

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Hi and thanks for your attention.

Cheap chinacrap. Trifox.
Good value? I can't use the bike, 0/10 I would say.
Fulcrum 5 and Wiggle's Prime both with quickreleases.

10*130 rear 10*100 front.
The axle wont fit in the dropout? You could take a file to it and remove the bump, make sure you do a little bit at a time.
I take it the axle is the same diameter as the dropouts and the dropouts aren't bent.

OP
OP
C

CyclingStone

The axle wont fit in the dropout? You could take a file to it and remove the bump, make sure you do a little bit at a time.
I take it the axle is the same diameter as the dropouts and the dropouts aren't bent.
The axle won't go into the dropout.
10*100
10*130

OP
OP
C

CyclingStone

The thing about the bent hanger part is that when I have the hanger on the frame you can clearly see and feel that the dropout is narrower than the hanger. How could the thing possible got bended in such a way that only the dropout was affected. I guess the dropout could be intended to be narrower but then it all got bended. I have had the bike unused for 1month, I hope they don't crap me and say I bended it.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Let's have an image from the rear, as if you were looking up the chainline with the chain in the smallest sprocket. Focus on the hanger.

rualexander

Legendary Member
Looks like a defect on the dropout.
Might just be paint but if it was you'd expect it to chip off when you tried to fit the wheel.
Take it back to shop of you bought it in a shop.

OP
OP
C

CyclingStone

Hi and thanks for your attention. It's pretty much what I have now. This frame and a manufactur on the other side of the world. It's money after all. No doubt about it.

Take the hanger off, I guess the wheel goes into the hanger part?
Here you have pictures.
20210531_185709.jpg
IMG_20210531_014707.jpg

Let's have an image from the rear, as if you were looking up the chainline with the chain in the smallest sprocket. Focus on the hanger.

Looks like a defect on the dropout.
Might just be paint but if it was you'd expect it to chip off when you tried to fit the wheel.
Take it back to shop of you bought it in a shop.

More pictures for you guys and girls:
20210531_192645.jpg
20210531_192648.jpg

I am trying my best to get a picture from behind and it looks good on my phone but then on my computer it gets blurry.

Top Bottom