Canyon Size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gmw492

Veteran
Looking at the Canyon size again on their website and for an Ultimate 7.0 disc they recommend a size XS I am 172 (5ft 8) and 76cm (30”) inseam , I have sat on a S and M Giant TCR the small felt small and the M felt s bit stretched , the Canyon S geometry falls in the middle of them which suggests this would be a better fit, but Canyon recommendation is XS which is smalller than theTCR S , obviously I cant go over to Germany to sit and try one just asking anyone similar got any advice on their Canyon size and recommended sizes for both the Endurace or Ultimate , like both Canyon and TCR so a bit undecided which .
Thanks

vickster

Legendary Member
Email Canyon with your measurements. I wouldn’t expect any order to arrive quickly at the moment however

OP
OP
gmw492

gmw492

Veteran
Email Canyon with your measurements. I wouldn’t expect any order to arrive quickly at the moment however
Yes doing that later but feel they will just say the same as their perfect fit tool this use , Endurace is in stock ready to ship the Ultimate mid April

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
It's only an office.. No actual bikes, just people. They were helpful with my problem.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
An XS does seem a strange recommendation given that you are not that short.

Rose, who operate in a similar manner to Canyon, have sensible terms and conditions for dealing with sizing.

To qualify for a free return they say you can try the bike 'as you would in a shop' and return it if you find it unsuitable.

I take that to mean you can sit on the built bike in your kitchen, but not ride it outside.

So not a full test ride, but enough to give you a good idea of sizing.

It's likely Canyon will assist in a similar way.

Another thought is the products are also similar.

If you are considering something from Canyon, you may also find something you like from Rose.

https://www.rosebikes.co.uk/bikes/road

Azzurrinick

Their sizing is a guide, I am 5'9" with a 31" inseam, they recommended a small for me, but I am very familiar about my sizing of my bikes and went for the medium. It just so happens all of my bikes are a medium or large, 6000 miles later and absolutely no regrets. If you know your sizing, then stick with it, if not try to find someone with either a small or XS before buying.

OP
OP
gmw492

gmw492

Veteran

Rose, who operate in a similar manner to Canyon, have sensible terms and conditions for dealing with sizing.

To qualify for a free return they say you can try the bike 'as you would in a shop' and return it if you find it unsuitable.

I take that to mean you can sit on the built bike in your kitchen, but not ride it outside.

If you are considering something from Canyon, you may also find something you like from Rose.

[

yes Canyon says returns accepted, even show a video how to repack the bike and returns forms, I’ll look on Rose website too , cheers

OP
OP
gmw492

gmw492

Veteran
Their sizing is a guide, I am 5'9" with a 31" inseam, they recommended a small for me, but I am very familiar about my sizing of my bikes and went for the medium. It just so happens all of my bikes are a medium or large, 6000 miles later and absolutely no regrets. If you know your sizing, then stick with it, if not try to find someone with either a small or XS before buying.
The Endurace small looks right on my sizing the Ultimate is closer to the Medium on the TCR which felt slightly stretched , haven’t got the option of stem swop or tilt the bars on the Ultimate as it’s a fixed aero cockpit, going to speak to them later , going by your size and the geometry I am near Small looks best bet

The Canyon ultimate cf fits me in XS, the S would stretch me more than I like,
you could put a longer stem on an XS and still be comfortable.

Am 5’ 7 1/2“ and the XS was perfect, slightly longer leg than OP,
I also was more upright which suits me, but longer stem would fix me for a more
flat out position without needing an S size.

Top Bottom