Car keeps getting scratched

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My suspicion is based purely on the fact that the neighbours have complained about the high hedges around the garden. We didn't put them in and if were to chop them down they'd not be happy because we could then see into her kitchen.

Who knows though. Could be a random bypasser who has a 6 foot wide backpack.

More as it develops.

Sounds like you've got a "Karen" as a neighbour ! :ohmy:

Have a courteous word with the lady in question, advising her that some scrotes are damaging property in the area, so she needs to keep her belongings protected, but not to worry as the the Authorities are looking in to it and are liable to be deploying covert cameras.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Put a very visible sign on the car that it is being monitored by CCTV due to the damage being caused. It may not help, but it costs nothing.

D

Deleted member 26715

I would put a camera the most visible position possible, with big flashing lights on it, I would also talk to other neighbours telling them it's been lent to you by the Police/Neighbourhood Watch unit & they are going to assist you in prosecuting whomever is targeting the car.

Fastpedaller

Have a courteous word with the lady in question, advising her that some scrotes are damaging property in the area, so she needs to keep her belongings protected, but not to worry as the the Authorities are looking in to it and are liable to be deploying covert cameras.

That's a good idea, and may well work. I had a situation at work once (I was on contract and not a permanent employee, but had been there many years)..... I'd used the work 'phone to book my Wife's car in for new exhaust. I left that location(call it A) and headed back to base (B) and was caught in a major traffic hold-up for about 1 hour. A few days later I was summoned into the manager's office - A bod at location B had 'dobbed me in' saying that I'd been missing as he'd tried to contact me at B, and I'd obviously gone to get my Wife's car repaired during work time. I offered to bring in the invoice to show it was after work time. Manager declined and accepted the situation and I apologised for using work 'phone. His quick acceptance without proof (I was innocent BTW) led me to identifying the individual. He was well know to trample over anyone/dish the dirt if he thought it would help him to climb in status/ get promotion. I asked a few trusted people at A, and set about a resolution. The next week I said to the guy (P) " can we just step out the back, I need a word with you" We walked outside and he was clearly nervous. I said "I'm hoping you might be able to help me, as someone told lies about me to the manager, and the agency I work for have taken it very seriously and are after getting whoever it was sacked. They are looking into it - if you hear who it is, just let me know" As an aside it was quite amusing when we both returned inside the building - lots of shocked faces and guys saying "crikey - we thought you were going to deck him - I would have". But of course I'd have ended up in deep trouble, and it's not my style anyway.
He was S######g himself for a couple of weeks. It didn't 'cure' him long-term though as he did similar at a later date to someone else. I guess the Management were wise to his antics and took it with a large pinch of salt.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
At a guess I'd say the neighbour is doing it. Probably doesn't like the car being parked there. But is too cowardly to have an adult conversation with you. As suggested above, tell her police are involved and using hidden cameras and advise her to keep a look out.

My neighbour has a massive motor home parked outside my window on the road. Perfectly legal, but very annoying. People then park in front of it, right up to (but not across) my driveway. So sometimes I have to do a 7 point turn to get off my drive. If I were a total moron I would accidentally ding it with my shopping, but I'm not. We had words and she basically said she'll move it if it's in my way, which technically it isn't but it's an eyesore and an inconvenience.

My point is, it's more likely to be a neighbour than a random

byegad

Legendary Member
I think the Police are watching with hidden camera trick may be enough.

We had someone who used to park in front of our house when he came home on Friday and not move it until Monday morning. It was an inconvenience as, over the weekend parking was a premium and we had to park on someone else's front. causing friction. One Monday as he came to move his car I popped out of the house and informed him I'd had to chase a couple of kids away as they were attempting to steal it. We never had it parked on our front again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom