Car roof boxes and bags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brains

Legendary Member
Do you have a tow bar ?

I've always had one fitted to every car I've ever owned
The trailer is one (very good) option
The other is a box on a bike rack
The advantage is the bike rack has a secondary use for carrying bikes!
Bikes on a tow bar mounted rack are way better than a roof mounted one, or the removing wheels etc to put them into the back of a car

Which Skoda Fabia do you have? I’ve got the estate scout version and can get multiple holdall bags in the boot, a pram, a cool box and fill the voids with duvet covers and coats, all fitting under the pull out boot shelf.

The scout has roof runners which means any universal roof bars can be fitted. On a typical holiday I also have 3 bikes on the roof, two adult and one child. I had 4 on at one point but the weight was pushing it .

In the actual car there were 4 of us.

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
Which Skoda Fabia do you have? I’ve got the estate scout version and can get multiple holdall bags in the boot, a pram, a cool box and fill the voids with duvet covers and coats, all fitting under the pull out boot shelf.

The scout has roof runners which means any universal roof bars can be fitted. On a typical holiday I also have 3 bikes on the roof, two adult and one child. I had 4 on at one point but the weight was pushing it .

It's a hatchback so no chance of getting everything in. We could just about manage it with one kid by stuffing everything into the footwells but not with two.

KneesUp

Guru

Impressive. My car (Honda Civic gen 8) apparently has 5 litres more boot space that the 2nd Gen Fabia esatate, and 100 litres less than the current one and although we can go away with everything in the boot if we are staying in a cottage / hotel, there is no way on earth we can do it with the seats up if we are camping, and I've not had to fit a pram in for 6 years. And there are only 3 of us! Oh, and cool boxes are the work of the devil - they don't squash, they need air to circulate, and they leave gaps between the sides of the box and the sides of the boot that are uselessly small. If we take ours, it goes in the seat where the second child would go!

Mr Celine

Discordian
I have a roofbox which on family holidays could take copious amounts of loose luggage. Before packing said loose luggage remove the wheels, pedals and seatpost from your bike, put them in the roofbox and pack everything round them.

Top Bottom