Carbon frame advice?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c2c

redredrobin
Hi all,
been away from the forum for ages but still commuting away on my bianchi camealonte 5 hybrid, which, by the way, has turned out to be an excellent commuter bike. Reliable, light, responsive and fun to ride, as far as commuting can be fun. But, I now yearn for a road racer, not to commute on, but for a ten or fifteen mile leisure/training ride. Commuting, especially after an 8/12 hour shift can be a chore, I want to re-ignite my love for just pedalling on a bike unencumbered with racks and panniers.
So can anyone advise on a carbon frame that cuts the mustard for around the £1000 mark? All other components will be transferred from a bianchi road bike that I have. ( I was knocked off of it rendering the frame useless but all other components ok.
Cheers,
Chris.

If I had £1000 to blow then I would go down the £500 carbon frame and £500 carbon wheels route. The reviews from some of the new carbon wheels are very interesting ( I was going for some of the older established models but am having a big re-think).

Frame wise I would have a look at the Ribble frames - very well built, very comfortable and pretty nippy.

Top Bottom