Cardiff Cycle Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Are you keen to see more people cycling in Cardiff?

The national CTC Challenge for Change ‘Workplace Cycle Challenge’ programme is coming to Cardiff. It consistently gets more people cycling – over 60,000 people from 2,500 workplaces have taken to their bikes so far. The programme achieves long-term results e.g. on average 37% of former non-cyclists report cycling at least once a week 3 months after the Challenge.

Now it’s your turn as the Challenge is running over 3 weeks in Cardiff from 12 September to 3 October 2011 and we’re expecting to get at least 2,000 people from 75 workplaces taking part. We’d like your support to spread the word, champion cycling and encourage your workplace to sign up at www.cardiffcyclechallenge.org.uk.

Why get involved? There’s lot’s of reasons...

· It’s simple, free, fun and is based on numbers of staff taking part not miles, so everyone can take part.

· It’s a proven programme to get more people cycling, but to be a success we need cyclists to spread the word and help enlist their workplaces.

· Wouldn’t it be great to create a buzz about cycling at your workplace?

· Win prizes – a £500 bike, cycling gear, office treats.

· Free Dr Bike sessions.

· Nifty website to record miles, set goals and get personal statistics.

· You can support cycling in Cardiff and by logging trips, you can provide a record of cycling participation which can be used to argue and justify funding for improved cycling infrastructure.

It’s quick to register yourself and your work online, visit www.cardiffcyclechallenge.org.uk.

Just let me know if you have any questions.

Greg Bassam
Challenge Co-ordinator
02920873722 or 07970517242

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Good Luck with the project but personally I find Cardiff a complete nightmare to cycle through. Luckilly I can usually avoid the rush hour, Cowbridge road from Ely to Ely bridge is a nightmare. As is Newport road from Rumney hill to Broadway. Rover Way is frightening.

There are some good bits but its not joined up enough to make cycling a pleasant option in Cardiff at rush hour.

Living and working in Barry I dont really qualify or would have signed up.

Around Barry the thing thjat frustrates me is that roads that were previously ok to cycle have had pinch points created or gutter "cycle lanes "painted in which make the whole thing less cycle friendly than a simple road with wide enough lanes. Colcot and Port Road are two obvious examples .

Top Bottom