Careful out there.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
And today back in the car again. Gridlock on the Queensway meant a diversion, and 35 minute drive. Slower than cycling, more stressful and could have been even longer had I stuck with the queue.
You car-driving commuters are something special. I don't think I could handle these problems day-in day-out.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I hate it when I'm forced to drive into central Bristol first thing - it always seems to be banjaxed one way or another. Hope you can get back on your bike soon.

And today back in the car again. Gridlock on the Queensway meant a diversion, and 35 minute drive. Slower than cycling, more stressful and could have been even longer had I stuck with the queue.
You car-driving commuters are something special. I don't think I could handle these problems day-in day-out.

Both the Pershore Rd (by the Nature Centre) & Bristol Rd (by the University) were at a total standstill when I crossed them this morning :laugh:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
father_ted_001_003_002_0011.jpg

Southampton has been gridlocked for the past 3 days... About 10-15 car crashes yesterday in and around too... And there is me riding past everyone all on me lonesome on the bike path... workmates dont like me reminding them how I got around the city much easier than them LOL

dee.jay

Network Ninja
To be honest the car is still twice as quick as my two wheeled companion but when I'm driving i'm not buring 600 calories every day whilst going to work...

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Ive got a job to get to soon that is a real PITA to get to from mine . I'm thinking of dropping the tools off on a Sunday and riding there during the week . Its only about ten miles away but would take about 2 hours to get to by car during rush hour .
A friend of mine drives to the allotment a mile away . I pass him every morning while he is sat in traffic . I just cant understand why he puts himself through it :wacko:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Yesterday morning I got a puncture. In the afternoon I got hit by a car.

So today I went by bike instead. Don't like this driving lark much. I don't get these problems when I'm on two wheels.
^_^
Serves you right for taking the car :smile:
And as a reply to your sig, yes 5 k in 20 mins is very doable , used to do it in around 18 mins when i was into running .Obviously depends on many factors age, training , course etc etc .

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Serves you right for taking the car :smile:
Guess what - no choice for the morning trip. Afternoon could have been avoided but for poor planning.

Drago

Legendary Member
I think someone may have hit my truck while parked up outside the doctors this morning. There are traces of blue paint smeared on the NATO hitch.

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Pride comes before a fall.

Got knocked off my bike this morning around 07:10. My fault.

Lots of pain and bruises, but I can still walk (just about).

Top Bottom