Carerra Parva - Headset / steering bearing size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnfish

Carerra Parva - Please can anyone advise on the correct replacement steering bearings? A link would be really useful.

THANK YOU!

Eccoboy

How strange exactly same problem, lower race has disintegrated. Did anyone find the correct replacement type /link etc? Cheers

Eccoboy

Thanks very much for your reply, I’ll contact them tomorrow. When I tapped out the fork a whole load of bearings ended up on the floor and this was the only only part left which seems to clip in the race (if it had some bearings left...!)

Attachments

• A7CECB9B-FA9A-4367-AD46-F25E5D6FE6A5.jpeg
    A7CECB9B-FA9A-4367-AD46-F25E5D6FE6A5.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 33

Ajax Bay

Guru
https://sheldonbrown.com/headsets.html
Your image is of the crown race - the crown race is press fit onto the fork crown - clearly wasn't a proper fit on the fork. Replace it and if it doesn't need any force to get in position then maybe it's new headset time. The alternative is bearing fixer paste - but I haven't experience of its use.
Take the fork, the crown race and a bearing sample to Halfords or your LBS, many of which have stayed open (phone ahead).
You could try and measure the bearings (balls) - probably 5/32". And caged ones might be easier. See Halfords 'Bicycle Parts' 'Headsets' 'Spares' maybe:
https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bi...et-ball-cages-and-grease---5/32in-309831.html
HTH

Eccoboy

Ok so my LBS supplied the right one, managed to tap out the cups that were pressed into the head tube and replace with new headset. I took a few pictures along the way which might help someone else with the same problem, (I’m guessing that the same relates to the Carrera Subway models too as they are pretty much identical (paint job aside)
Thanks to everyone for their assistance, great forum👍

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Good job
I took my carrera rat bike to the LBS as he charged me £30 including fitting and i dont have the headset removal tool i didnt want to bodge it as i am a bit heavy handed and didn't want to knacker anything .

Eccoboy

Headset was £20, bargain for fitting 👍👍

Top Bottom