Carphone Warehouse.. back to virgin long story!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willow

Having dropped and broken my pay as you go phone at the weekend I needed to buy a new one. Decided that the Virgin £12 pay monthly deal, which included the phone would be as cost affective as pay as you go + phone cost so placed an order. Now admittedly I couldn't understand a word the guy said on the phone but I did hope he had it right. Waited in all day Wed and nothing arrived. Had an email confirming the order but when I contacted Virgin they said no order had been placed so, rather than wait in another day decided I'd trott to the local shops after work and would instead buy pay as you go phone from carphone warehouse.

Get to car phone warehouse, choose my phone (samsung 700) and the guy ssys, I'd really rather not sell you that as they are not reliable (nice sales pitch). Fine says I what do you recommend bearing in mind the £50 budget and I don't need a sim card as I will be keeping my existing number. B...r me if the price didn't then go from £50 to £129 for that same Samsung phone and there was absolutely nothing in my price range unless I changed number which I didn't want to do.

So get home and place order with Virgin again and resign myself to staying in for another day.. ho hum.... time wasters all of them.:tongue:

Complicated, isn't it? Mrs B and I are on PAYG with O2 using really old pre-camera phones. As I'm a bit into photography, I'd quite like a camera phone to stop me hoiking my Canon digital around with me wherever we go. What stops me changing to a better phone on a monthy deal is the faff of having to find out what the best deal are - only to find they aren't as good as I thought they were.

Llama

Veteran
Ikea now have a mobile network using t mobile - its really cheap and any t mobile phones will work with it. Has auto top up to so no need to worry about credit running out - i'm moving over after my vodafone contract ends in the new year.
http://www.familymobile.co.uk/

Ps to move your number you need to call your current provider and ask for your PAC (Porting Authorisation Code) code you then pass this to the new network and they transfer your number. usually this is free.

Top Bottom