Carradice Owners!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rh100

Barley by Priscilla

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Who made your rucksack Marin - the Anglo-Saxons? :smile:

I've heard good things about Debby's Longflaps...
smile.gif

:biggrin: :biggrin:

There's a piece of recently laid concrete outside my butchers with RJP etched in it. A work of art.:becool:

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
One lowsaddle longflap by Priscilla, the other one made by Deb. It's a nice detail isn't it?

yello

I have a bag with the name Asda on it...

Brains

Legendary Member
Any other examples of this nice, gentle action at work?

For those in know, the Gransfors axe. One of the best in the world, come with a 25 year guarentee, pretty impressive for a tool potentially in everyday use!
They have been making them, individually by hand, for the last 100+ years, each one personally marked.

top.gif
A craftsman behind every axe
smide1.jpg
[size="-2"]Next to the forging hammers, in ovens that are hotter than 1,200°C, steel bars are heated. When the right temperature is reached, which the smith can see on the red-yellowish color of the steel, a glowing piece is cut off and the treatment in the forging hammers begins. The smith cleverly handles the hot steel, and slowly the square piece is transformed into an axe head. The smith finishes his work by branding in the Gränsfors Bruks’ “label and crown” and his own initials, scrutinizing the axe head and hanging it up to [/size]

Top Bottom