Carrara Crossfire 2 E bike (2020 model) Disk Brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Patrician

Hi, I hope somebody can help; I have one of the above bikes and need to change the disk brake pads. The issue is I can't find what make/model of pads I need, the bike is a Halfords product but their website is useless and a search just brings up what appears to be all the pads they sell. Although they provide a brake pad service you can't book your bike in for just this but have to book a "free health check" first.
So, does anyone here have one of these bikes and know what make and model of pads I need? The brakes are labelled "Tektro" but have no model number or mark that I can see.
The picture is of the rear brake assembly if that is of any help.

Attachments

• IMG_20220907_213709.jpg
    IMG_20220907_213709.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 3

Big John

Guru
You need to remove the pads so you know what you're looking for. Maybe when others can see a pic of the pads they can provide the info you need.

OP
OP
P

Patrician

I was hoping to avoid doing that as I've read that pads can be damaged when being removed, and the bike is my only transport for work. But thanks for the reply.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
No, you won't damage them by removing and you'll have to do that at some point.Once out you can identify them visually as there aren't that many and many makers use the same pads.
Tektro are a budget brand and popular, you might find places like Decathlon and Halfords have them on the shelf. Otherwise try their website.
Some Shimano pads are interchangeable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom