CARRERA ROAD BIKE SIZE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OLDSHUNTER

:becool:Hi anyone got carrera road bike small or medium as maybe buying one although unsure of size suitable for inside leg measurement which i think is between 30/31 inch.Halford's say 50 small 54 medium have been offered small and wondering if any readers have small carrera road bike then what size your inside leg .Also do you measure inside leg from sole to groin? any light on subject would be grateful thank's :biggrin::becool:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i've got an inside leg of 29" and my 58 carrera bike is fine for me. just get them to put a shorter handlebar stem on.

get them to let you sit on (at least) and if you can stand with both feet on the floor with a couple of inches clearance between top tube and your family jewels, you should be ok with a shorter stem.

OP
OP
O

OLDSHUNTER

:becool:I measured inside leg at30/31 and previously owned a 58 carrera road bike which was to big for me at 5'7 and my friend at 5'10 and info from haltfords is conflickting hence the query :smile::becool:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
horses for courses i guess, although as i had the stem changed straight away it may be that's why i have no problems.

don't fall into the trap of assuming that you need to be able to have both feet on the floor when stopped; one is perfectly good enough and should allow you to have the perfect leg position of a slight bend in the knee when the crank is all the way down.

OP
OP
O

OLDSHUNTER

:becool:It was the top bar that annoyed me some can live with that but i sold mine, now waiting on medium .Should have kept longer as sold start of year pulled in less than what selling during season would have .;):becool:

Top Bottom