Carrera Virtuoso 54cm For Sale.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Weller Fan

I have a Carrera Virtuoso road bike for sale. Only looking to shift it due to purchase of a new bike.
Had the bike a few years from which I bought it brand new. To look at it you wouldn't guess it was a few years old but there are a few marks but nothing major.
Has the standard Shimano Sora set up which works fine.Recent new toe clips fitted. View attachment 9876
Looking for £140.
Situated M1 Junction 30.

beastie

Guru
How old did you say it was ?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Just to say that I run one of these as my 'winter hack' bike - it's exactly the same as this (same frame, colour, wheels, gears, etc). This looks better than mine!

OP
OP
W

Weller Fan

Can't be exact on the year I bought it but must be 8-9 yrs old. It really hasn't had the full use it deserves but only recently fell in love with cycling again & just thought I'd treat myself to a new bike.

OP
OP
W

Weller Fan

A certain member it seems to me is implying that I am misleading people on the age of the bike. This is by no means true. A 'few years old' in my opinion is accurate in the description. Anyone can see the bike is not vintage!!!!

Garz

Squat Member
A friend whom took part in the recent Manchester Cycle event rode on this (as his ribble was unfit for purpose) machine so I can get him to verify the age if 'a few years' is not apt enough!

:smile:

OP
OP
W

Weller Fan

When I bought the bike it was an 'end of line' offer because they were selling off their current stock to make way for the 'new' Carrera design.
There seems to be some slight concern on the age of the bike. In short, if you want a new bike go to the bike shop & pay £100's for an entry level road bike. Otherwise look for second hand options at a fraction of the cost. That is what I have on sale here. For £140 it is a bargain. I have no problem in keeping it for winter use but could do with the space.
I hope this in some way clarifies any possible doubt.
Fairly new to this site but quickly discovered that some people enjoy passing comment when they've absolutely no interest in buying.

fossala

Guru
I wasn't being hostile. But you where wrong with saying a few years when its more like 10.

Garz

Squat Member
My friend with that bike says it was available till 2001, they brought out a yellow version for 2002 with the same spec. So with this information it is at least 11 years old!

Happy selling!

:smile:

Top Bottom