Carrera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Callum1991

Got this bike was a small project to fix up but have no clue about the bike was try to see how much they are worth etc when they are done up this only only needs the bike tryes and a bit of tlc. were would the best place to get parts for this bike and is it worth spending money on it. Thanks

Attachments

• 20170206_100238[1].jpg
    20170206_100238[1].jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 45
Hi there and welcome to cycle chat.

Nice bike, I like the colour schemes of these old carreras, they were sold at Halfords so they're not massively valuable, but the frames are well built: is there a Reynolds sticker on it anywhere?

Spare parts are easily available - consumables like tubes, tyres, bearings etc. from pretty much anywhere, and ebay is good for period stuff, gears, stems, saddles etc.

Drago

Legendary Member
Doubt it will ever be worth much, but they did - and do - make decent, usable bikes. Worth cleaning up and enjoying as a retro ride. I'm not an expert on Carrera by any means, but I recall their higher end frames were double butted 4130 CroMo, so in weight and performance terms a good comparison with the likes of Reynolds 531.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Got this bike was a small project to fix up but have no clue about the bike was try to see how much they are worth etc when they are done up this only only needs the bike tryes and a bit of tlc. were would the best place to get parts for this bike and is it worth spending money on it. Thanks

is that a Mondial ?

cant quite make out the script

decent bikes for what they are , adopt e bay

as for how much to spend lube the chain up and sort the tyres out and give it a ride and see what you think , if it wasnt so huge i would be all over that

Top Bottom