• pannier

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • courier bag

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • combination of other options

• Sainsburys bag swinging from handlebars

• novosport lockable tailfairing (whatever that is)

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Carradice longflap camper saddle bag (I'm very old, you see)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Altura Arran rack back with the 'landing strip' (ahem) system, which is actually really good. Maybe a small courier bag if I have lots of stuff. Bungees on occasion. And a bar bag in the winter with all my lights, hi-viz, waterproofs, ankle bands, kitchen sink....

I have carried a double duvet plus 2 pillows on the back of my bike before now - sadly i have no pictures of this.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Morrisette said:
I have carried a double duvet plus 2 pillows on the back of my bike before now - sadly i have no pictures of this.

Wow, when you go camping, you do it in style!:ohmy:

TimO

Guru
On the Brompton for normal commuting or light shopping I'll use its moderately capacious touring bag on the front carrier block. If it's a heavier shopping trip to Sainsburys at the weekend, I'll bung the Bob trailer on the back of the Brompton.

When the new fixie arrives, it'll be back to panniers for commuting etc

I avoid carrying stuff on my back, although I do have an Incase sling back to carry the laptop since it's too big for the Brompton bag. HP don't even call it a laptop, it has a 17" screen and full size keyboard including numeric keypad. They call it a a Mobile Workstation!

xroads

On my hybrid:
Rucksack bungeed horizontally to rack is my favourite. Heavier loads use pannier bag.
On my fixed gear racer, just a light load rucksack.

LOGAN 5

Brompton front bag(s) on commute. Saddlebag and/or panniers on tourer. Under seat pouch on racer. Camelback on MTB.

Tynan

Veteran
bar bag for the day to day, whatever bungeed onto the rear rack thereafter, I've had a double duvet on there too and some frankly ludicrous sized things, if it'll balance and it can be strapped/tied/taped on, on it goes, no fear

panniers look too heavy and draggy and expensive, rucksacks look too uncomfortable and hassly

col

Legendary Member
Iv decided to go the rack route,i can put my tool roll and bits and pieces on with my waterproofs aswell,i also have a pannier set from a long time ago if i need them,so i think thats the best idea for me.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Ooh, thanks for changing the poll!! The novosport tailfairing? It's the black fairing on the back of my 'bent. I'm not that old either, LOL, I see quite a few people using Carradice saddlebags, though perhaps it is a bit CTC. :biggrin::blush:

Top Bottom