Cat N Fiddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I am Spartacus

Über Member
I am sad to see the A537 having such a reputation as the most dangerous road in the UK ( I own up ,I used to enjoy a blitz up there on the bike... )however on the bright side... as a cyclist I am glad that
average speed cameras are due to put into place in 2010 to enforce the 50mph limit.. so so sorry, motons ;)

dodgy

And now they'll move on elsewhere. I doubt if average speed cameras can even detect some of those tiny number plates the motorbikers have fitted anyway!

RedBike

They'll still race up. Now they'll stop for 10mins before the camera or turn off.

I never had any trouble with the bikers. They always gave me loads of room.

OP
OP
I am Spartacus

I am Spartacus

Über Member
No I tend to agree.. not had any hassle going up.. but I think that the system will be clever to catch out those who use to run up to the pub and back down to the Rainow turn as the quick run...
Every time I have been on it .. behaviour has been good.. but that doesnt stop the silly accidents happening all due to speed and inexperience.... so cycling up in the knowledge that less of a chance of a vehicle on your side of the road 'cos they have overcooked it is slightly more comforting.. bikes or cars

Top Bottom