Cateye Cordless 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all,

I finally sorted out my that has been sitting in the garage unloved for many years. I replaced the batteries on the above computer and all seemed to work well. Went out on it today, and it will not work at all, no speed or distance readout. I get the telltale click from the wheel sensor but no readout on the computer. I have tried the resets etc, but no luck. Does anyone know what the problem maybe?:angry:

jim55

Guru
are u talking about the wireless 2 ,the one with cadence ?if so theres two batteries ,one in the sender and one in the display unit

take the wheel magnet off, turn the sensor round and bring the computer much closer, like other hand along side sensor closer and manullly trigger the sensor (look for the line, it is marked). If you can get it to pick up from there - you have 1 of 2 issues, distance between sensor and computer is now too great, or your magnet was not in line/close enough to the sensor. If it does not pick it up at all, then record all your details from the cyclo comp and run a reset all on it and start again with it a touch closer... I know replacing the battery will have done that but it may not have detected the sensor frequency....

wisdom

Guru
Interesting.Both my bikes have cat eye wireless comps on them.Both are different models and none click.Daft question but is the magnet hitting the sensor?

OP
OP
DooDah

DooDah

Veteran
Magnet is not hitting the sensor. Most computer sensors "click" when the magnet passes. Try spinning your wheel by hand slowly when you are in a silent place, and I think you will hear the click.

OP
OP
DooDah

DooDah

Veteran
Lol, I know that feeling, had to go out secretly into my workshop to test mine.

Cyc_al

When you went out on your bike, did you have a light on at the same time. I do not pretend to understand the science but if you are also running a strong light such as a magic shine it is not uncommon to get interference from the light battery which affects the wireless computers - try it with the light battery away from the bike; alternatively check and make sure that the computer is not too far away from the sensor; and finally as noted above the magnet must pass through, within a few mm, of the zone marked on the senor.

Top Bottom