Cateye light query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I found a Cateye TL-ld270 in a recycling box the other day (front light) - it works ok, but I have a query about batteries:

How do I get them out? It looks like the top section removes, but I can't work out if it should slide back, or be prised up, and I don't want to prise too hard and break it....

I don't have a mount for it, but it'll make a useful little torch anyway and maybe I can bodge something....

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
screwdriver in the side then twist...well works on mine. batteries are expensive tho

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Randochap said:
Just press & slide the top section back.

I've tried that and not got anywhere - there's no textured patch as you might expect if it opened that way....

<rootles for screwdriver>

Cheers shaun, I was emboldened by your post and tried it, and it worked. Now, how the heck to a get it back on again?:biggrin::wacko:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
OK, done it - cheers guys. Annoying batteries - if I'm buying a light I go for AAA or AA - but this was a freebie... And it works at the mo, so I've getting free battery power too!

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
yep not cheap. 2 quid each. is it 2 or 3 they need? however they do seem to last a while. i've just got one left on the back of the scott. won't be replacing batteries again. surprisingly bright tho for a tiny light.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
shauncollier said:
yep not cheap. 2 quid each. is it 2 or 3 they need? however they do seem to last a while. i've just got one left on the back of the scott. won't be replacing batteries again. surprisingly bright tho for a tiny light.

2. I'll look in our local cheapy shop, they have a selection of batteries - although I don't need them yet....

Top Bottom