Cateye Strada cadence computer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ayceejay

Guru
I just fitted a new Cateye and the unit itself (off the bike) does not respond at all'
I changed the battery but no difference.
I get to where it says Unit but no further.
Does anyone have an answer for this problem?
I realise is a cheap unit but it should still work, no?
I forgot to say it is the wired version not wireless.

Tojo

Über Member
Try here..... http://www.cateye.com/intl/support/manual/
Hope you find your answer.....:unsure:

mick1836

Über Member
I just fitted a new Cateye and the unit itself (off the bike) does not respond at all'
I changed the battery but no difference.
I get to where it says Unit but no further.
Does anyone have an answer for this problem?
I realise is a cheap unit but it should still work, no?
I forgot to say it is the wired version not wireless.

Ayceejay, Which Cateye Strada model do you have?

In Feb this year along with a new road bike I bought a Cateye Strada Smart CC-RD500BPA500B, the shop I bought my bike from fitted the Cateye but rarely have ALL ( speedo,cadence & heart rate monitor) have ALL worked together. I have today after watching a U tube video on how to improve this device ordered a 10mmx2mm N52 Neomagnet to attach to the existing spoke magnet to boost it?

That said, I have found with other wire free Cateye computers that when you think its the sender battery that's faulty it turned out to be the one in the computer, even though the display appeared good and strong.

Tangoup51

post.jpeg

ᴱᵈᶦᵗ﹡ ᴵ'ᵐ ᶰᵒᵗ ᵐᵘᶜʰ ʰᵉᶫᵖ⋅

Tangoup51

Whats more important? The original thread date or the thread content if what has been posted helps others?
For the record I found this thread after carrying out a search for Cateye Strada, what would you search for Tangoup51?

Thread content is always whats important.. Not sure why you replied to it though.

I wouldn't search for anything. I'd make up a new thread : p

mick1836

Über Member
Thread content is always whats important.. Not sure why you replied to it though.

I wouldn't search for anything. I'd make up a new thread : p

Then you get criticised for NOT using the search facility and for starting duplicate threads. :sad:

Tangoup51

Then you get criticised for NOT using the search facility and for starting duplicate threads. :sad:
Tough life here, eh? :')

Also in reply to your question, I can only say the only thing to do is experiment with your Cateye. They've always been so god damn unreliable, but the magnet idea sounds good.

Actually the equipment that runs to my Cateye failed, but the unit is intact

"Cateye Strada" (cadence sensor one) - I have the head unit sitting around somewhere, if anyone wants it for nothing you may have it, as for some reason the replacement cables are 80% the price ;-;

Last edited:
Top Bottom