Cateye Strada

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Amatureleccy

I have just installed a cateye strada wireless computer - largely happy with it.

When installing the sensor on the fork, I installed it with the body of the sensor on the front part of the fork rather than behind.

The reason being that if the sensor moved inwards while cycling, the magnet would crash into the face of the sensor.

By installing it on the front of the fork, the magnet will clip the sensor but pass along it at an angle which is less likely to cause damage.

What it means is that the magnet is crossing the sensor in the opposite direction to that shown in the diagram.

Should that matter.

Sorry if that sounds confusing.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Thats how I have it setup also. It is fine.

midlife

Guru
As long as the magnet passes the sensor with each revolution of the wheel then it will work :smile: most people use the sensor in front of the fork so if it gets knocked in then it will rattle against the spokes rather than mangling the wheel............. which is not what the instructions say LOL

234065_27490_XL.jpg

Shaun

I heve mine on the front too, but I have it higher up the wheel which I think they recommend though doubt it makes much difference.

Top Bottom