Cateye - Velo 8 Computer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimbut

Have had this bike computer for an age and still love it BUT, it is mounted on my road bike bars using the supplied mounting kit ( ie that`s where this computer should be mounted ). Anyone know if you can get a mounting kit that will let me centralise my Velo 8 on the bike stem ? Ta for any replies.

nr.

Yup - you want part number #169-9304 - it doesn't list the velo8 as a fitment, but I use it with no problems at all. I got mine from wiggle [1] but I'm sure there are other places that sell them as well.

[1] http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Cateye_Enduro~Mity_Computer_Fitting_Kits/5300001176/

adscrim

Veteran
Have had this bike computer for an age and still love it BUT, it is mounted on my road bike bars using the supplied mounting kit ( ie that`s where this computer should be mounted ). Anyone know if you can get a mounting kit that will let me centralise my Velo 8 on the bike stem ? Ta for any replies.

Can't you mount it on the stem using your current mounting kit and some cable ties? I think the velo 5 on my commuter, whicvh uses the same mounting as the 8 allows the cable ties to run either way.

OP
OP
J

jimbut

Def not adscrim. The base of my Velo 8 only allows for the ties to run in one axis. Has to be located on bars ( with the fitting kit I have ).

OP
OP
J

jimbut

Sorry Cheule, Yes it is a good cycle computer. My only concern would be that it gives a calculation of calories burned for a specific distance at a particular pace ( my rowing machine does the same ). Can`t see it as being very accurate in that regard in that the computer would need some info from the user ( weight / age / height /fitness level ????? ) to give a more accurate calories burned assessment. That is my only quibble with it and it is a minor quibble. Please note - it is a very good idea to put a dab of vaseline on the computer`s little contact nodules. I have had mine bout 3 years. Initially found the Velo 8 losing its display and data on a ride in the rain ( even very light drizzle ). Someone on this site advised re the vaseline and it worked a treat.

Cheule

Thanks for the tip! I used to have an Enduro 2 and although it didn't lose data the contacts were starting to rust after 3600 miles of commuting.

Top Bottom