Catrike revisited

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
P

PaulM

Guru
I bought it so I could fit a wider tyre beneath the mudguard. It's certainly ok now with the 32mm Pasela. But it also gives mounting space for 2 rear lights at head height. So a worthwhile upgrade for me. It was strange getting back on the trike. I noticed the noise from the freewheel and when changing gear - just the acoustics with the aluminium frame. The ride felt ...... taut. I've been spoiled with full suspension on my Nazca. Aiming to commute to work on it this week.

OP
OP
P

PaulM

Guru
I had a decent ride yesterday of 26.6km which I covered at an average of 18.8kph (11.75mph). The ride included 380m of climbing. Now that is about 1mph faster than the times I was managing on an ICE Sprint 26 and a Catrike 2008. What's impressive is that it almost matches the 19.1kph I managed a few weeks ago on my Stratus XP which is quite tricked out with aeroblade spokes on its 26" wheels. I was very pleased with that back then. My perceived effort was greater on the XP than on the 700 and it was slightly less windy that day. The advantage of the trike is that you can more easily focus on pedalling as you lay back. Also I was making better use of the gears as the road transitioned. And this was the first tiime back on the trike after 10 months. The 700 is a really impressive machine.

Top Bottom