Caught in the rain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveoo

On the way home tonight dark clouds loomed overhead thought i could make it home before the inevitable.No chance absolutely poured it down flooded the back roads in minutes i got soaked to the skin and had a right laugh riding through it all took me back to when i was a kid.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
as long as it's not cold then riding through rain is jolly fun sometimes. Especially when it's stair rods and people are looking at you is if you have just escaped from the crazy house.

Crankarm

Guru
Means you don't have to clean the bike either. Not that I do anyway.

Which is not actually the case as all lube I have known gets washed off a bike's chain necessitating yet another clean and re-lube plus wheels get filthy. It's not fun in my books. This morning was like a tsunami of water so I left my bicycle at home and drove to work. When I came home it was also raining so I am very glad I didn't cycle today. This morning there was so much water falling so quickly it was very difficult to see anything even with the wipers going at full speed. So much water it was like driving through a river.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i missed the rain on todays commutes , even nearly managed to take a scalp but they turned off just as i could smell there chain lube , is there no justice in the world

Gary E

Veteran
Considering the fact that I very very rarely set out on a ride if I think it's going to rain, whenever I get caught out I always love it and just end up laughing when it gets really heavy :laugh:

Norm

I love riding home in summer rain. I'm ok riding to work in the rain, as long as there are showers there. Warm wet cycling is great fun.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Both today's rides I got completely soaked.

And you know what, I didn't care ^_^

Berties

Fast and careful!
Dodged the rain on both commutes but with the vast torrents of water rushing down the roads hard to locate the various potholes that hinder my ride,and the water off the wheels might have well at bathed in cow sh.**t,bad times but still smiling

Top Bottom