Cav and the Worlds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cygnet

@ rich p
Sorry if that didn't come across right. I was trying and obviously failing to add to Flying Monkeys comment a la the life of Brian

All right... all right... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?

moolarb

"I made the mistake of putting national pride ahead of my career in the 2008 Olympics and I'm not going to do that again," he said.

theboytaylor

moolarb said:
"I made the mistake of putting national pride ahead of my career in the 2008 Olympics and I'm not going to do that again," he said.

But preparing for the Olympics meant he had to pull out of the TdF where he may (may) have won a couple more stages and earnt some more prize money, increased further his market value, etc, etc and then got short-changed over the Madison. Going to the World Champs is a whole different kettle of fish since it's scheduled as another race that takes place towards the end of the season.

Can't see why DB wouldn't want Cav to race in the Worlds and win it - TeamGB is totally separate to Sky. Why have one of the very best sprinters in the world at your disposal on what is claimed to be a sprinters' course and then make Ben Swift top dog 'cos he worked for you all year and it might make Rupert happy?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
theboytaylor said:
But preparing for the Olympics meant he had to pull out of the TdF where he may (may) have won a couple more stages and earnt some more prize money, increased further his market value, etc, etc and then got short-changed over the Madison. Going to the World Champs is a whole different kettle of fish since it's scheduled as another race that takes place towards the end of the season.

Can't see why DB wouldn't want Cav to race in the Worlds and win it - TeamGB is totally separate to Sky. Why have one of the very best sprinters in the world at your disposal on what is claimed to be a sprinters' course and then make Ben Swift top dog 'cos he worked for you all year and it might make Rupert happy?

You said what I thought but couldn't manage to put into words! Thanks tbt:tongue:

Top Bottom