Cav gets 20th win of the season

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Is it getting a bit boring? Cav won the Sparkassen Giro yesteday in Bochum, Germany. His team got him back into the final reckoning but the win was pretty much his own work with no final leadout. He's definitely getting more versatile...

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
It's certainly coming to something when it can be suggested that Cav winning all the bloody time might getting tedious. It is brill obviously but it would be even better to see if there were some proper challenges to his current sprint crown.

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
dan_bo said:
It's certainly coming to something when it can be suggested that Cav winning all the bloody time might getting tedious. It is brill obviously but it would be even better to see if there were some proper challenges to his current sprint crown.

The only person who's come close in terms of sprint wins this season is Columbia's 'B-Team' sprinter, Andre Greipel, and because of team strategy, I don't think he and Cav have been head to head once and aren't likely to...

BTW, rather more unusual news was Roger Hammond getting onto the podium in the Tour of Denmark and Jeremy Hunt winning a stage.

dan_bo

Flying_Monkey said:
The only person who's come close in terms of sprint wins this season is Columbia's 'B-Team' sprinter, Andre Greipel, and because of team strategy, I don't think he and Cav have been head to head once and aren't likely to...

BTW, rather more unusual news was Roger Hammond getting onto the podium in the Tour of Denmark and Jeremy Hunt winning a stage.

Top stuff!

mr-marty-martin

i hate the fact people are now starting to say he's boing becuase he's winning all the time, what ifhe wasnt winning, everyone would be having a go at him...he just cant win...apart from stages...

mr-marty-martin

he is being challeneged tho...just that it's not enough, if it got to the point were there were no other sprint teams out there as they new cav would win then yeah, it would start to get a little silly...

dan_bo

So did you not watch the tour then Mart?

mr-marty-martin

yaah, and i realise there is no other team as strong as cavs thoroughbread sprint team but the other teams still can sprint, thor for example, yeah there not a all out sprint team, a mean coloumbia still have climbers like tony martin, and that other bloke who nearly got yellow, but they can do a great lead out unlike the others,

iLB

Hello there
mr-marty-martin said:
yaah, and i realise there is no other team as strong as cavs thoroughbread sprint team but the other teams still can sprint, thor for example, yeah there not a all out sprint team, a mean coloumbia still have climbers like tony martin, and that other bloke who nearly got yellow, but they can do a great lead out unlike the others,

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

you mean the great 'big' george hincapie

dan_bo said:
It's not that as such, but from a sporting point of view, it's not always healthy to have one guy winning everything practically unchallenged, n'est-ce pas?

people said the same thing when schumacher and ferrari kept winning F1. It's not schumacher's or cav's fault, it's up to the other riders to up their own game to match and beat the best, not for the best to come back down to their level.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
agree with trusty, you can only beat what's put in front of you.

the flip side is a rider like raimond poulidor, who came second in the tour countless times, to anquitile and mercx. would have been a champion many times over but for two riders…

dan_bo

trustysteed said:
people said the same thing when schumacher and ferrari kept winning F1. It's not schumacher's or cav's fault, it's up to the other riders to up their own game to match and beat the best, not for the best to come back down to their level.

...........Which is the essence of what I was saying.

Top Bottom