Celeb lejog

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
soon as i hovered over the link and saw davina's name as well as david walliams, that was it for me.

an annoying bint who keeps pulling stupid faces and speaking in stupid tones coupled with a weird pervy freak certainly won't be getting my interest in this event.

dudi

approx 120 miles each over the course of 3 days.
3 hour stints with 18 hour rests in between.
Not being intentionally callous - but it's not going to be all that hard really, is it? They keep going on about it like it's mission effin impossible...

Greedo

What a lot of publicity seeking shite.

A f*cking monkey could do that no problem. theyre hardly doing any cycling and staying in a luxury tour bus during it. Oh the hardship.

ASC1951

Guru
Greedo said:
What a lot of publicity seeking shite.
That is the whole point, Greedo - how do you expect them to raise money for charity if they keep it secret?

I don't know about the athletic prowess of the others, but DW did swim the Channel. I couldn't get anywhere near that and nor could you. And he raised over a million quid on his own.

potsy

Rambler
Heard Fearne talking about it this morning,and the training they have been doing.Relay,each taking turns unless they get too tired then another will take over,not exactly climbing killy again but if it's for a good cause then I've no problem with it.

Armegatron

I reckon it would be quite good if they allowed the public to join them for sections, and have on the spot donations perhaps.

As for the 3 hour each part of it, I initially a bit shocked by how little it is, but hats off to them for doing it - most noncyclists I know would grumble at 30 mins on a bike.

TVC

It is for charidy mate, but I personally would have been more impressed if Walliams did the whole thing on his own, instead of having several C listers and career resurectionists hanging on his back wheel. A bit of me suspects he would rather do it on his own as well.

Greedo

rich p said:
I know it's a good cause bla bla bla but these sort of stunts just make me cringe for some reason.

Well blow me down. Me and the Auld Yin have agreed on something.:ohmy:

As someone pointed out earlier from my post when I said it was a publicity stunt, well of course it is but the point I was making was it was a feeble act and anyone capable of riding a bike could do this. It's cringeworthy

Unlike Eddie Izzards marathons and as much as I hate the guy David Walliams swimming the Channel which were great achievements.

dudi said:
approx 120 miles each over the course of 3 days.
3 hour stints with 18 hour rests in between.
Not being intentionally callous - but it's not going to be all that hard really, is it? They keep going on about it like it's mission effin impossible...

..and the sheer hell of a luxury accommodation voach!

Top Bottom