Ceramic rims eating my ceramic pads!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkeypony

I fainally managed to get my new wheels built up last week (yay) I went for DT Swiss 240s hubs, Mavic Open Pro ceramic hoops with Aztec ceramic rim pads.

I'm hugely impressed with the braking performance. Braking in the wet is now as quick as braking in the dry was with the old pads and rims. This performance seems to have come at a price as the pads are now worn down by about 50% after only 40 ish miles of riding!! :laugh:

Is this normal (surely not) or have I inadvertantly purchased some hardcore TT 'use once then throw them away' type pads?

Has anyone got any suggerstions for a more hard wearing pad for Ultegra road brakes? I've seen swisstop blue mentioned a few times but I can only find them for V brakes.

Cheers - Si

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
i have some dura ace ceramic brake pads if you want to try them

OP
OP
monkeypony

monkeypony

O.K. 70 and a bit miles on them now and the fronts are worn away to nothing!! Sorry MadoneRider, thanks for the offer but I need to get new pads today :ohmy:

So, any recommendations for a set of pads that will last longer than 70 miles?

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
monkeypony said:
O.K. 70 and a bit miles on them now and the fronts are worn away to nothing!! Sorry MadoneRider, thanks for the offer but I need to get new pads today :biggrin:

So, any recommendations for a set of pads that will last longer than 70 miles?

tis ok, if you want them at a later date just pm me!

Top Bottom