chain behaving badly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kedab

Veteran
is really beginning to bug me...anyone shed any light on this for me?

i noticed after a 2 hour ride a few months ago that, on the next ride, i seemed to be struggling to shift into a particular gear when in the big ring...the chain doesn't exactly sit between gears but it doesn't really make it's mind up and i have to shift down and then back up and sometimes back down again to get it to sit quietly in the gear...what's that all about? something stretched, something dirty, something just need a tweak? it's never got worse than when i first noticed it and it doesn't happen EVERY time i shift but it does get on my nips a bit :crazy:

as always CC, your derision and advice is welcomed here :thumbsup:

lpretro1

You need to adjust the cable tension

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
...or if it is struggling to go into top - a slight adjustment of the outer limit screw on the front mech. (May be helpfully marked with an H and about 1 turn anti clockwise would be a starting point)

OP
OP
kedab

kedab

Veteran
cheers for this peeps - i think it's getting a bit worse so i'll take it to the LBS and watch them fix it / ask them how to fix it so i know for next time...if it's tension it's likely to happen again and i'd rather not bother (pay) someone to sort it if it's not a tricky job. the trick is to know what the issue is in the first place :thumbsup:

Top Bottom