Chain Fell Off!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iRide

When I took my bike out of the car after a ride last night, I noticed that the chain was like, completely off. I looked at it to see if I could do anything, but it's slipped towards the bike? :smile:

Is this an easy fix? Or should I just take it to the shop and have them show me and such so I don't make it any worse? Also, I'm pretty clueless as I've never been told / shown how to do anything like this before...

Thanks.

It happens. Very easy to fix so long as the chain has not jammed in the BB. If on the road and you want to keep pinkies clean, use a handy twig to guide chain onto rings while turning pedels in reverse.

montage

God Almighty
Reeeeaallly easy to put back on.

basically, pick the chain up with two fingers, "hook"/"place" it back onto the chainring and spin the pedals.

You may need to pull the rear deraillur towards the front of the bike to give yourself enough slack to pull the chain back on.

OP
OP
I

iRide

Thanks for the tips- I tried how you explained when it first happened, but could not get it so ended up taking it to the shop- glad I did as something was bent!

Top Bottom