chain oil

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris folder

Hi:smile:out of interest what do you use on your bromptom chain wet or dry lube? And what makes of lube do you like for chain

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Do they need special lube?

We now use Purple Extreme. I was using Green Oil a few years back but found it got very cloggy/gunky. Because the chain is so close to the ground you pick up all sorts of schmuck.
With the Green Oil we needed to clean it and relube, with the Purple Extreme you can just put on more when needed.

OP
OP
C

chris folder

Hi purple extreme is one of the best lubes on the market I used to use finish line dry but found it needed re applying quite often. I think I will use a wet lube when I clean off bromptoms lube thats on the new chain its like a gel what they have put on there

Initial stuff is like a gel, and will therefore attract silly amounts of road schmuck which will stick to the chain and wear it down (IMO) - or if you're lucky form a protective black sticky mess which makes any sort of work on the rear gross.

I don't have the time/energy/inclination to clean my chain often so the purple extreme works better - put a bit more on fairly frequently and none of this cleaning malarkey.

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
3 in 1. It works. Wet lubes seem to attract grunge and my chains get rusty if I use dry lubes. And the cost/benefit of more expensive lubes doesn't make sense to me.

Top Bottom