Chainring Giant 38T 104 mm replacement part?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marais

Hello,
My teeth (not in my mouth :-) ) have very much worn down on my Giant Entour E+ 2.

On their own site they claim :
  • Crankset
    Giant aluminum 38T

It is indeed a 104 mm so for instance will a Miche E-Bike Chainring 38T BCD 104 mm do the trick?

Miche Chainring

Are these chainrings "standard" for all e-bikes? (of course depending on the amount of teeth and the proper size?)

Thanks for your wisdom!

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-08-02 à 11.42.43.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-08-02 à 11.42.43.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 3

Sharky

Guru
I'm not aware of any specific e bike standards for transmission parts.

104 bcd is a common bcd, but bikes with 110 and 130 are common as well.

If yours is 104, then any 104 should be compatible, but be aware that some rings are asymmetrical and the bolt holes are not evenly spaced.

If any doubts, just check the returns policy on the website you are using or go to your LBS.

Good luck

OP
OP
M

Marais

I'm not aware of any specific e bike standards for transmission parts.

104 bcd is a common bcd, but bikes with 110 and 130 are common as well.

If yours is 104, then any 104 should be compatible, but be aware that some rings are asymmetrical and the bolt holes are not evenly spaced.

If any doubts, just check the returns policy on the website you are using or go to your LBS.

Good luck

My bike mechanic gave me these details. I’m starting to wonder if he indeed measured correctly?

Does anyone know whether the Giant Entour+ 2020 has indeed a 104 mm or a 110 mm?

This is what he showed me on his computer =

Attachments

• CEAE1FE1-BBF2-4EF1-A1EC-02EAA76F3952.png
    CEAE1FE1-BBF2-4EF1-A1EC-02EAA76F3952.png
    139 KB · Views: 5

T4tomo

Legendary Member
My bike mechanic gave me these details. I’m starting to wonder if he indeed measured correctly?

Why are you doubting his info? You can always measure it yourself. 104 bcd seems to be common for a 38T single chainring on an ebike.

Top Bottom