Chamois cream

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joni

Über Member
I've found a cheaper alternative to Assos etc.

Neutrogena comfort balm comes in a similar tub, is a similar consistency, provides lubrication all day without being greasy and is about half the price. Just thought I would share that with you all.

Joni ;) ;) xx(

Does it leave white stains like sudocream?

bonj2

I'm not sure how you've determined that it's the same substance. Engine oil would probably provide lubrication, but you wouldn't put that on your arse.

yello

bonj said:
Engine oil would probably provide lubrication, but you wouldn't put that on your arse.

You might not!

Joni, thanks for mentioning it. I'll have a look out for it. I've used sudocrem for years but I'm always keen to try out other stuff.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
bonj said:
I'm not sure how you've determined that it's the same substance. Engine oil would probably provide lubrication, but you wouldn't put that on your arse.

Bonjy baby, you surpass yourself with your nobbiness. How do you possibly equate engine oil with a product designed to be applied to skin.
Cheers, Joni, Nutrogena hand cream is the best IMO

simongrant

bonj said:

Where did OP mention it being the same substance?

Simon

bonj2

simongrant said:
Where did OP mention it being the same substance?

Simon

He didn't. But if it doesn't have to be the same substance, you might as well just use mayonnaise.

simongrant

Originally Posted by bonj
He didn't. But if it doesn't have to be the same substance, you might as well just use mayonnaise.

Hhmm,i use udderly smooth,but its not the same substance as ASSOS.I think you might be onto something here bonj?

Dives into fridge looking for Mayo

pwh91

Veteran
The Udderly Smooth stuff seems to work and also seems to be a lot cheaper than the Assos cream. Although it's the only one I've tried so I can't give a comparison on efficacy.

Probably it's even cheaper if you're a dairy farmer and buy it by the bucket...

simongrant

Yep,udderley is great stuff,i have also made my own in the past using a large cheap tub of mosturiser and a small tub of vaseline and mixed well.
Worked a treat to be honest.

Simon

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Joni said:
I've found a cheaper alternative to Assos etc.

Neutrogena comfort balm comes in a similar tub, is a similar consistency, provides lubrication all day without being greasy and is about half the price. Just thought I would share that with you all.

Joni :sad: :sad: :sad:

Thanks for that tip, that is just what I need for the weekend...

Top Bottom